Status of Policy Proposal 2001-2?

Dave Diller ddiller at cogentco.com
Fri Dec 21 12:33:17 EST 2001

I have been advised that "the right people to discuss this with" are on
PPML itself, in response to sending the below query to ARIN.
Apparently, the people processing IP justifications don't know if it is
a valid justification or not, which isn't a good sign.  I'm trying to
get a handle on it BEFORE a customer comes spouting hearsay that the
Policy has in fact passed.

So, "right people", has this been voted on yet?

> I just read the archives for PPML concerning Policy Proposal 2001-2,
> thread located at http://www.arin.net/mailinglists/ppml/0401.html.
> There were some interesting comments, but it in no way indicates which
> way the final vote went with the Trustees, which is the piece of
> information I am interested in.  Has this policy been voted on yet?  If
> not, when will the Board of Trustees vote on it, and where will the
> results of that vote be posted?
>
> Last call for Policy 2001-2 ended at 11:59pm EST 11/23/01.  At that
> point it was to be forwarded to the ARIN Board of Trustees.  There is no
> further word.
>
> I'd REALLY prefer to not give someone a /24 for multihoming and only 20
> documented hosts until I know the Policy allows it.

-DaveD