Question about ISP Address Requests

J Bacher jb at jbacher.com
Fri Dec 21 11:17:30 EST 2001

At 09:07 AM 12/21/2001 -0700, David R Huberman wrote:

> >  an ISP that is not multi-homed can request addresses from ARIN if they
> >  can demonstrate utilization of a /20
>
> >  <http://www.arin.net/regserv/initial-isp.html>, only multi-homed
> >  organizations are mentioned.
>
>Look under the section entitled, "Requirements for Requesting Initial
>Address Space" at the URL you note.
>
> >  Is it still possible for non-multi-homed ISPs to get addresses from ARIN?
>
>Absolutely.
>
>/david

If this is correct, then someone needs to advise the employees at ARIN.  I
submitted justification for a client requesting a /20 a bit over a week ago
and was denied -- not because of insufficient utilitzation -- but because
the customer was not yet multi-homed.

Oddly enough when I called for policy verification a week prior to the
submission I was advised that the customer -was- qualified.

At this point, the customer is in limbo.  I would appreciate clarification
and feedback from ARIN.