Wording of the Virtual Webhosting Standards Policy

Jill Kulpinski Jill.Kulpinski at exodus.net
Mon Apr 9 15:30:09 EDT 2001

Okay I am a little more clear regarding what is going on here now.  Here is
the UUNET proposal:
Organizations providing web hosting services must document efficient
utilization of existing IPv4 assignments.  Where possible, name-based
virtual hosting should be provided using HTTP1.1-host headers.  If such
name-based virtual hosting is not possible, documentation explaining why
it is not possible should be provided in the application.

Here are my comments:
I think that this is a succint, clear, to the point statement, but I am not
sure that I like 'organizations providing web hosting services'.  Basically,
ALL organizations need to show efficient use of any IPv4 subnet space.  How
about just 'organizations'?

Jill