consistancy

Alec H. Peterson ahp at hilander.com
Sun Sep 17 11:32:48 EDT 2000

Mike Horwath wrote:

> But, if you have space allocated at any time in the last few
> years...doesn't that make you an ARIN member by default?
>
> Or is this a game, like the days of the old MRNet where the
> 'customers' are members but are as powerless as customers?

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at, but I'll tell you how membership
works.

Every year that an entity gets address space from ARIN they pay ARIN an
allocation fee.  That fee includes membership.  So if an entity does not get
address space in a given year, then they are not (automatically) a member.
However they are free to pay the $500 per year fee to become a member.

Alec

Alec H. Peterson - ahp at hilander.com
Staff Scientist
CenterGate Research Group - http://www.centergate.com
"Technology so advanced, even _we_ don't understand it!"