consistancy

Charles Scott cscott at gaslightmedia.com
Sat Sep 16 21:53:47 EDT 2000

j:
  I dont' think anyone is accusing any party of being frivolous or
arbitrary. And, I do think we'll all survive the current policy, even if
it does result in significant extra work to achieve compliance or present
a case for an exception.
  My point, however, was that you can no more isolate the perception of
imbalance from the new policy than you can the need for conservation from
the recognition that there are vast unused address blocks. And like it or
not, I think that perception relevant. If the only result of this
discussion is that there is a greater recognition of imbalance, then I
think it's served the original purpose of those who started it. And if
from that recognition there is resulting action to work the greater
problem, then I think we've exceeded our expectations, even if that action
can't necessarily take place within the confines of ARIN.

Chuck Scott
Gaslight Media