consistancy

Mury mury at goldengate.net
Sat Sep 16 18:06:19 EDT 2000

> If you know of a way to make this happen, then by all means please share it
> with us.
>
> However, continuing to argue why ARIN is not reclaiming allocations is not
> productive, since the plain and simple fact is that ARIN does not have the
> authority to reclaim allocations that it did not make.  If you think that
> ARIN should have this authority, then by all means start petitioning
> IANA/ICANN to that end.
>
> Alec

Alec,

No offense to you personally with these questions, but I've been told I am
not qualified to act as any sort of "spokesperson" for the ARIN
membership, and that I'm an idiot for asking for the list of legacy space
contacts.

So my questions are:

Is it appropriate for me to "petition IANA/ICANN" essentially on behalf of
ARIN?

If so, is there a standard format and contact to whom I should be placing
my suggestions?

Mury