Name-based Hosting

J. Scott Marcus smarcus at genuity.com
Fri Sep 1 10:54:04 EDT 2000

Good thoughts, Danny.

Even though the long thread on NANOG has been painful at times, I think
it's also been a valuable exchange.  At the same time, the NANOG list is
not the right place to discuss ARIN public policy issues.

What if, whenever we are launching a discussion of a particular topic on
the PPML list, we were simply to post to NANOG as a routine practice an
announcement that we are soliciting comments on topic thus-and-such on
PPML?  Ideally, that might bring in broader participation (and reduce the
number of people who are surprised later), while still getting the policies
discussed in the appropriate forum.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
- Scott