ARIN Web Hosting Policy

Tony tony at national-net.com
Wed Aug 30 17:08:12 EDT 2000

Thanks for looking into this...however, in the interim I also quizzed a few
people who explained to me that I was incorrect....HOWEVER....they explained
that it was their understanding that while it, indeed, did not affect
submissions that IP addresses would come into play when someone was banned
from the Search Engine for spamming.  In other words, if I happen to be
sharing a web server with a spammer and he were to get banned by Inktomi (et
al) then all of my pages would also disappear from the engine.

Andy, if I am wrong (and I truly hope I am) please ask your friend at
Inktomi to get an official statement released.  I know of a bunch of people
who are ADAMANT about this point when selecting a web host.

Tony