Fw: ARIN Web Hosting Policy (fwd)

Stacey D. Son sson at veriohosting.com
Wed Aug 30 13:56:06 EDT 2000

Shane said:
> First of all, let me say that I think the new policy is reasonable:
>
> "ARIN will no longer accept IP-based hosting as justification for an
> allocation unless an exception is warranted."
>
> So, if you are using the IP's for SSL, or FTP, or whatever, then
                                           ^^^^
> clearly an exception is warranted (and you won't mind if ARIN checks
> this when you come back for more space).  ARIN is for the most part
> extremely responsive and helpful to its customers.  I don't have any
> reason to expect things would be different for this requirement.

I guess the policy is not that significant of issue given that ARIN
clearly makes exceptions for FTP and such.  Thank you for that
clarification.  Maybe ARIN would like to list these above mentioned
exceptions in their posted, written policy to save bandwidth in the
future.  Just a suggestion...

I would also suggest that ARIN look at other reasonable IP address
saving policies such as requiring NAT devices for companies providing
low end access (dial, ISDN, DSL, cable modems) to customers (i.e. one
Intenet IP address per access customer).

Regards,

-stacey.