[arin-discuss] Term Limit Proposal

Jawaid Bazyar Jawaid.Bazyar at forethought.net
Tue Mar 25 12:48:53 EDT 2014

Democracy is overrated. But term limits are a bad idea.

Paul notes a couple reasons - you lose talent and experience.

I will add another one. When you term limit the people who are elected,
power will shift to the permanent bureaucracy - the aides, the managers,
etc and away from the people who are elected and accountable to the
membership. Power shifting from the elected to the unelected is the
precise opposite of what people hope for from term limits.

--

Jawaid Bazyar

President

ph 303.815.1814

fax 303.815.1001

Jawaid.Bazyar at foreThought.net <email:Jawaid.Bazyar at foreThought.net>
	<http://www.foreThought.net>
Note our new address: 2347 Curtis St, Denver CO 80205