[arin-discuss] Fwd: [ARIN-Suggestions] New ACSP Suggestion 2014.10: CHANGES TO CANDIDATE SPEECHES

Michael Sinatra michael+ppml at burnttofu.net
Fri Jun 6 16:59:57 EDT 2014

On 06/06/2014 12:48, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> Term limits. But that is going nowhere and it received member
> support.

It also received member opposition.  I suppose we could do a formal
vote, though.  Or people could just read through the thread on -discuss
about 1-2 months ago.

I am opposed to term limits, because they also limit the democratic
process.  But I support one of Randy Bush's other suggestions:
That the Governance Committee be composed of people outside of the ARIN
AC and board.  One possibility would be to have the other RIRs and/or
*NOGs nominate members of the committee, but I am open to suggestions as
to how to get outside blood onto the committee.

michael