[arin-discuss] [ARIN-Suggestions] New ACSP Suggestion 2014.10: CHANGES TO CANDIDATE SPEECHES

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Jun 6 11:41:13 EDT 2014

On Jun 6, 2014, at 11:26 AM, Rob Seastrom <rs at seastrom.com> wrote:

>> The process doesn¹t appear to be broken.  Just a few individuals and their
>> use of it.
>
> Actually, I disagree.  I'm opposed to any suggestion that a candidate
> ought to be restricted from talking about whatever he or she cares to
> during their stump speech.  The electorate is entirely capable of
> deciding whether a candidate's remarks are appropriate and acting
> accordingly.

RS -

(presuming that we continue with the present predominantly live
candidate speeches)

Should candidates be told to briefly state their own qualifications
for consideration by the electorate?  Or simply told that they've
got 3 minutes, and "go for it?"   If candidates want endorsers to
also speak, should they be able/encouraged to enter them as candidates
as well so they get a speaking slot?

Thanks!
/John

John Curran