[arin-discuss] Multiple POCs and associated cruft - any scalable solution?

Jay Hennigan jay at impulse.net
Wed Jul 23 20:54:38 EDT 2014

On 7/21/14 1:20 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
> Have you considered not purchasing from vendors that do this to you
> until the correct it on your behalf?

Yes, but it's always a question of which carrier sucks the least.  In
terms of suckiness, this kind of thing is annoying but liveable.  This
carrier sucks more in terms of administrative cruft and less in actual
network delivery than some of the other choices.

I suspect it is some automated process on both their and ARIN's behalf
and no humans are involved on either side.

A popup saying "We show an existing POC with the same name and email,
POC ID XXXXX, would you like to choose that one?" would be nice, but I
think it's a case of battling scripted processes and the logical
escalation response would be to just configure a "NO" answer to avoid
involving wetware.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net
Impulse Advanced Communications  -  http://www.impulse.net/