[arin-discuss] [ARIN-consult] Comments on current suggestions

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Apr 2 00:50:53 EDT 2014

On Apr 1, 2014, at 9:00 PM, Hannigan, Martin <marty at akamai.com> wrote:

> We're not talking about -discuss. We're talking about the suggestion process and list and non members directing the organizations costs that are financed by paying members.

Martin -

  As the President and CEO, I am the one who ultimately has to figure
  out what ARIN does (and does not do) within the budget framework which
  is established by the ARIN Board of Trustees.  As a result, you may
  consider the open mailing list arin-consult to be simply a feedback
  mechanism that is utilized by the staff to gain more insight into
  possible benefits and concerns with potential suggestions, it is
  not directing the outcomes in any manner.

  Note also that some of the suggestions do have potential impact on
  the Internet community beyond just ARIN's membership, so having a
  way of receiving feedback from the entire Internet community is
  quite appropriate.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran