[arin-discuss] fee structure (was Re: IPv6 as justification for IPv4?)

Michael Tague tague at win.net
Mon Apr 22 13:08:55 EDT 2013

John,

Regarding the legacy holders.   What is the justification for continuing the
legacy program?    Some of our IP space (I think) fits under the legacy
program.    When ARIN was organized they seemed to charge more for
registration of new IP than for what you already had:  but it was always a
hybrid.   We didn't pay anything until we registered new IP (after the
legacy) and then what we paid stayed more or less constant even though we
never got any more IP.

Are there legal limitations in what ARIN can do regarding legacy holders?
You seem to require them to sign agreements and pay something, so are you
really limited?

Can you send the same graph updated for legacy holders?

Thanks,
Michael