[arin-discuss] IPv6 as justification for IPv4?

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Tue Apr 16 12:31:48 EDT 2013

On 4/16/13 10:02 , John Curran wrote:

>    While it is very important that each region establish its own fees based
>    on its services and requirements, there is nothing wrong with comparing
>    the structural aspects of other regions schedules as examples of possible
>    frameworks to consider...

John,

Is there anything like the NRO "RIR Comparative Policy Overview"
available that summarizes and compares the other differences of the RIRs
like fee structure, administrative structure, and membership structure
as well?

With a quick search I couldn't find anything, but I remember Geoff
Huston summarizing the APNIC fee model as based one logarithmic function
a while back.  I find the Comparative Policy Overview very useful from
time to time, but it only covers policy, sometimes it would be useful to
compare and contrast the RIRs based on other issues as well.

Maybe simply adding a non-policy section to the current Comparative
Policy Overview would be the easiest and most helpful thing.  This isn't
necessarily out of scope for the Comparative Policy Overview, because
policy is subtly effected by these other issues occasionally.

Thanks

David Farmer               Email: farmer at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE     Phone: 1-612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029  Cell: 1-612-812-9952