[arin-discuss] IPv6 as justification for IPv4?

Sumit Malhotra smalhotra at chinetworks.com
Mon Apr 15 15:37:39 EDT 2013

>I hate to break it to you, but as much as I favor reduced fees for
>smaller providers
>and generally like to root for the little guy, there are certain economic
>realities
>here which you seem to want to ignore.
>
>1.	Little guys are often less well versed and less experienced in ARIN
>processes.
>	This means staff tends to spend more time going back and forth on their
>	requests even though they are for smaller amounts of address space.
>
>2.	Larger providers tend to have better internal records and have their
>data
>	better prepared when submitting additional requests to ARIN. While this
>	isn't universal, overall, it results in easier processing of requests for
>	larger providers most of the time.

No offence  - but your justification seem like  - "poor guys should be
taxed more because they  are burden on economy".

Although, I agree that ARIN provide great support and smaller ISP would
need that more than bigger ISP, but I still do not agree on the analogy of
this proportional evaluation.

Sumit