[arin-discuss] Encouraging IPv6 Transition (From PPML)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue May 15 11:59:00 EDT 2012

On May 15, 2012, at 11:33 AM, Joe Maimon wrote:

> Perhaps we should be discussing what kind of outreach and to what extent, if any, should ARIN engage with community member identified entities that could use some IPv6 deployment prodding.
>
> Or perhaps ARIN could limit themselves to being a backstop, supporting information, presentations, compatibility lists, IPv6 deployment awards, etc...

Both of the above are options; which do you feel ARIN should be doing?

We presently make reference presentations, supporting handouts and
educational materials available to anyone who asks, and will even
coordinate getting speakers (ARIN, or members of the community) for
those who need someone knowledgeable to present.  Obviously, it is
best for us (from a scaling perspective) to enable the community to
reach out to others about IPv6, but also do quite a bit of outreach
directly.

For more information on current resources that we make available,
see <http://teamarin.net/spread-the-word/>

Thanks!
/John