[arin-discuss] Encouraging IPv6 Transition (From PPML)

Mike Horwath drechsau at iphouse.net
Tue May 15 10:41:35 EDT 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 07:02:17AM -0700, Lee Howard wrote:
> Amazon Web Services (AWS) supports IPv6 to a significant extent.
> Rackspace participated in World IPv6 Day, and offers IPv6.  Netflix
> has signed up for World IPv6 Launch, and from what I hear, they're
> including streaming.

Because *their* website supports it doesn't mean any of the cloud
services delivered support it.

> I don't have recent information about VMware or other virtualization
> software.  Some CDN appliance vendors are behind.

Management software for the cloud stacks.  Nothing to do with the
hypervisor itself.

Xen, KVM, vSphere - they don't care about IPv6 and things are fine.

It is the management applications that don't have anything.

Mike Horwath      ipHouse - Welcome home!       drechsau at iphouse.net
        The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is
        that surrounds universes. - Berkeley Fortune