[arin-discuss] Template-based email as a third registry access method

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Apr 4 11:54:06 EDT 2012

On Apr 4, 2012, at 11:38 AM, "Alec Ginsberg" <alec at ionity.com> wrote:

> Why isn't there a common backend that can accept input via mail or web?
>
> This easily could be accomplished so there would be nothing to maintain on the mail form that is different from the web site?

We actually have a common backed for precisely these reasons, but that does not eliminate the ongoing effort that will be required to maintain email templates as policies are changed (the templates themselves, documentation, internal training, Q/A steps when doing new releases, etc.)

If this is desired by the community, it can be done, but it means additional costs for maintaining three (rather than two) full input methods.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO