[arin-discuss] Suggestion 2010.1 -- Initial Fee Waiver forIPv6 assignments to LRSA signatories

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Fri Feb 5 08:22:40 EST 2010

> I support Owen's  suggestion that IPv6 initial assignment
> fees be waived for legacy resource holders who have signed the LRSA.

I agree. Anything that we can do to get legacy resource holders
on board with ARIN is good. We need all network operators to
cooperate and participate in ARIN, partly because the IPv6 transition
looks like it will be a bumpy ride, and partly because, going forward,
being a network operator means being a critical part of the
world's economic infrastructure. Note that I did not say communications
infrastructure, because when most retail and wholesale commercial
transactions depend on the Internet, then we are part of the
ECONOMIC infrastructure, much like banks.

If we don't want regulation imposed on us, then we all need to
cooperate in a forum like ARIN, and for that forum to be taken
seriously by legislators, we need to be as close to all-inclusive
as we can possibly get.

--Michael Dillon