[arin-discuss] IPv6-only website

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Fri Apr 23 01:24:00 EDT 2010

On 2010.04.23 00:25, Paul Carlson wrote:

> I think that was part of what Steve was exploring.  A new network would not necessarily have access to any IPV4 addresses after v4 exhaustion.  If v4 addresses were required to function in a v6 world then it would certainly change allocation rules for the last of the addresses.

Thanks for clarifying.

You are 100% correct.

This exploration test is not designed to be a simulation of what might
happen... in fact, it is purely a real-world non-simulation
configuration setup of what *will* happen.

It's fair to assume that I am an IPv6 advocate, and for those who are
really putting effort into v6 implementation but are having vendor
issues, I hope they get resolved soon.

Steve