[arin-discuss] IPv6-only website

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Fri Apr 23 00:24:28 EDT 2010

On 2010.04.23 00:07, Randy Carpenter wrote:

> It looks like your DNS servers are only accessible via IPv6. It would be best for at least DNS to be accessible via v4, even if you only have AAAA records. Many people will have v6 connectivity, but only access to v4 name servers.

My v6 only test domain DNS is not accessible via v4 for a reason.

It is truly designed to show people that when v4 runout happens, and
sites go online with no choice but to truly be v6 only, there will be
breakage. I'm trying to use this example for a few reasons:

- gain first hand knowledge and experience for myself what I can expect
from the content provider/ISP side of things after runout

- learn how to troubleshoot connectivity issues

- be able to educate people (other ISPs and content providers) on what
is wrong with their network, what to look for, and how to fix it

My test has been implemented with the exact intent intact, and I have
had that verified off-list.

Cheers, and have fun ;)

Steve