[arin-discuss] ipv6 technology supplier phone bank?

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Tue Sep 29 09:50:43 EDT 2009

> > > How should ARIN spend its resources to help?
> >
> > A) support an IPv6 sprint at ARIN meetings
> > B) support building an IPv6 Sprint kit consisting of VoIP PBX,
> >    etc., so that people with minimal technical skill can
> >    set up an IPv6 Sprint at other conferences such as
> >    Linux ones, Open Source ones, language specific (Python, Java)
> >    ones.
>
> Like http://www.asteriskv6.org/ ?
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+bounty+IPv6

For now, I think that the sprint kit should stick with IPv4 components
that are working since its main goal is to make it easy to set up
a phone bank at a conference, therefore leveraging VoIP to do so.

But Asterisk folks do have a conference where they gather and that is
one of the places where we should try to organize an IPv6 sprint.

--Michael Dillon