[arin-discuss] ARIN billing practice

Jeremy Anthony Kinsey jer at mia.net
Mon Sep 21 17:46:58 EDT 2009

Almost every spam I get contains something that "complies" with that
"regulation".  I really do not want to argue the semantics of a law
that remains relatively ineffective and unenforceable as it is
written.  It does not outlaw or make illegal the act of sending UCE.
What it does is says if you are going to do it, you need to
accommodate those that do not want to receive such UCE by way of
providing a removal system or valid contact address.  As such, most of
these places do.

Again, annoying, yes.  Illegal no.

Anyway Sean, my original point was that asking ARIN to act as an
enforcement or entrapment agent is likely not the solution here and
would probably do more harm than good.
-jer