[arin-discuss] IPv6 Hurdles

Douglas Brick dbrick at kom.net
Fri May 1 14:31:27 EDT 2009

I just saw this the other day on the nanog 46 agenda:

Tutorial: Deploy a Production IPv6 Network in 30 Minutes or less

Moderator: Richard Steenbergen

Abstract:
A completely practical step by step guide to configuring IPv6 in a
production network without breaking anything, for people who hate IPv6
and don't have it deployed currently. The goal would be that everyone
who leaves the room should be able to successfully deploy an IPv6
network on top of an existing v4 network on any common Juniper/Cisco
hardware, without needing to be IPv6 experts or lovers of the
protocol. I also want to talk about practical techniques for
addressing management so you can successfully deploy IPv6 without
having successfully rewritten all of your internal management tools to
fully support it, and other tricks to minimize the pain.

  http://nanog.org/meetings/nanog46/abstracts.php?pt=MTM3MyZuYW5vZzQ2&nm=nanog46

On Friday, 1 May 2009, at 13:42:57, Keith W. Hare wrote:

> As a relatively small end user, I see a number of hurdles to
> implementing IPv6:
[....]