[arin-discuss] Good Stewardship by example

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Jul 22 12:21:35 EDT 2009

On Jul 22, 2009, at 10:42 AM, Chris Gotstein wrote:

> What about the DoD?  Weren't they very close to finishing up their
> IPv6
> transition?  Shouldn't some of those blocks be coming back to ARIN
> soon?

Chris -

   Recognize that ARIN cannot comment on the status of any of its
   members, so that's a question that I cannot address.  I will note
   that most organizations that have looked at IPv6 transition have
   adopted a strategy which has both IPv4 and IPv6 (dual stack) in
   parallel for quite some time, and that means that IPv4 resources
   only become available after IPv6 has become prevalent.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN