[arin-discuss] bring copies of pre-ARIN IP allocations to ARIN

Tuc ml at t-b-o-h.net
Sat Oct 11 19:45:13 EDT 2008

> There have been quite a number of people making all sorts of claims
> about "rights" given to them in their pre-ARIN allocations.  Several
> of these people would have been in middle school when I started
> getting IP allocations, and I don't remember any documentation of
> these "rights".
>
> But since I don't have copies of any pre-ARIN allocations
> (organizations I've worked with became proper ARIN members quickly),
> I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone would bring copies of their pre-
> ARIN allocation paperwork to the ARIN conference.  Let's make the
> facts clear in this situation.
>
> Thanks.

	My dog ate it........................ ;)

	Besides, wasn't paperwork, it was the oh-so-fun email
templates. Its been over 7 years, so we toss anything older than
that normally. (Including the backups of all my emails in/out)
My first allocation was Jan 6 1992, my second just had its
birthday being "RegDate"'d on October 10, 1994.

	I've got proof that I followed the procedures to request
and be granted ownership of a few TLDs though, but that never
happened. (Search for "Postel Ellentuch" - But then again thats IANA)

	Maybe someone can get a copy of the template and website
off the Wayback machine to see what was being said at the time.

		Tuc/TBOH

	(PS - Besides the fact I just received the email asking
me officially to review the RSA, where is this email originating?)