[arin-discuss] [ppml] Counsel statement on Legacy assignments?

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Thu Oct 11 16:31:21 EDT 2007

Hello:
<snip>

> If they remove your rights, they can take space from you and give that
> space to other people (their cronies).  How does that work?  For
> example, Owen Delong told me a while back that he just then recently
> got
> an allocation from ARIN in a few hours, start to finish. For others,
> its
> a long tedious process that takes months and months.  ARIN doesn't
need
> the money. Its about transfering Legacy blocks to other people; people
> who can get through the process in a few hours.
>
> We've already seen that 1) ARIN doesn't need more money. 2) ARIN is
> going on 'outreach' junkets and giving money to cronies of several of
> the board members. We've seen this kind of activity before, from the
> same group of people.  I've documented some of it.

I just applied and received a /20 in about 2 hours and I guarantee I am
not part of "(their cronies)."  I have been through the process of
applying for space over 10 times and I've always found the speed of the
process to be an exact corollary to how prepared I was to provide the
necessary information to receive an allocation.  I think these types of
ad-hominem attacks are specious, at best.  If you really believe that
there is a conspiracy to control and manipulate the IPv4 address space
by a select group of people then you should back it up with more than
"For others, it's a long tedious process that takes months and months."

Regards,

Mike