[arin-discuss] [ppml]Counselstatementon Legacy assignments?(fwd)

Chad Kissinger chad at onr.com
Fri Oct 5 18:06:54 EDT 2007

We're not talking about buying real estate.  We're talking about the allocation of a natural resource, i.e. namespace.  I am not an ARIN or IP allocation expert, but I've been getting IP numbers from ARIN for a long time and I seem to be in the second highest tier of fee level.  I pay the fee just under what AT&T pays, Sprint pays, etc. and probably will eventually pay the same fee.  It would seem that ARIN should try to incur only the barest expenses in the performance of its mission while fairly allocating the costs to the members according to their impact on the expenses of ARIN.  As far as I can tell, my small regional company pays $9,000 per year and AT&T pays $18,000 per year.  Am I missing something?  Shouldn't the largest communications company in the US pay more than twice as much as my company?