[arin-discuss] Status of Investigations

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Sun Dec 30 09:38:38 EST 2007

> > I have a message from a frequent NANOG attendee (13 meetings)
> > who says that a recent IP Address Allocation was done in a
> > few hours, start to finish. This seems quite odd, and
> > contrary to what most people experience. Furthermore, it
> > seems impossible to fully and properly evaluate an IP Address
> > Block request in so short a time.
>
> I have also had at least one IP address allocationthat was done
> in a few hours but I have had others, with the same company,
> that dragged on for months. The one time that we got it done
> in a few hours was also the time that we submitted a full set
> of data to backup the request including some charts and graphs
> and a full dump of our reassignment data down to the /32 level.
> Also, by that time we had established a reasonable reputation
> with ARIN over the course of 4 or 5 allocation requests.

	I've gotten IPs twice for my previous company. The first
time it took a few days, as I was new to the process and what
was required. The second time took only a few hours, and as was
said above, I had spreadsheets and listings and text justifications
on every used IP in use. I've never gone to NANOG. I've not
run with the big boys for the most part, and my ISP at its
height only made about $2.7MM. So I'm far from a "golden
child" in this situation. But apparently, oddly enough,
you follow what they want for allocations, and amazingly it
SEEMS to happen fairly quick.

		Tuc/TBOH (This was for TTSG Internet Services,Inc)