[arin-discuss] Status of Investigations

Jay Hennigan iis-arin at impulse.net
Fri Dec 28 20:50:38 EST 2007

Dean Anderson wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Dec 2007, Jay Hennigan wrote:
>
>> Dean Anderson wrote:
>>
>> [Bobbitt...]
>
> ????  What does "Bobbitt" mean?

To snip off.  Google "Lorena Bobbitt".

>> Facts?  ITYM allegations in a seven-year-old civil suit perhaps?
>
> A TRO is a fact. A TRO is citable in subsequent litigation.  A previous
> TRO helps establish that similar facts are sufficient to establish
> similar claims.

Your citation wasn't a TRO, but a pleading in support of one.  Note also
that this is ancient history, and note that the "T" in TRO stands for
"Temporary".

> I cite the case because the activities brought to light in the case have
> bearing on the character of the persons involved.

Could you be more specific?  On second thought, don't.  If you have
reason to feel that a board member should be removed, instead of
trolling here, follow the procedures in the bylaws.

> The above is speculation and speculation is of no value.

[snippage]

> It
> generally wasn't known that Vixie and others were on the Board of
> directors of a spammer (a commercial bulk emailer) that was competing
> with Exactis in 2000. It also wasn't generally known in 2000 that MAPS
> employees were employeed assisting spammers (e.g. Scott Richter,
> Opt-in-real-big) with list-washing (discovered 2003). The full facts
> show less "good guy".

The above sounds like the valueless speculation you dismiss earlier.
Evidence?

> Well, RICO claims have a ten year statute of limitations; the case is
> potentially still relevant to future civil and criminal claims.

Well, then instead of trolling here, go talk to the US Attorney's office
and implore them to arrest this career criminal.  Regarding civil
claims, the Exactis suit was settled long ago.

> However, I bring this case up as a question of character.  The past
> activities of a person are relevant to their present character, even if
> they were 7 years ago. Seven years is not a long time for changes in
> character.  I am aware of no significant changes in Mr. Vixie's behavior
> or character in that time; Just the contrary, in fact, as previously
> posted.

By previously posted, do you mean your unsubstantiated speculation that
Mr. Vixie and/or MAPS were assisting spammers?

> Are you asserting Exactis' attorney committed some violation of
> professional conduct?

Not at all, merely that he was employed specifically to argue against
MAPS and Vixie, and not an impartial observer.

> Exactis' attorney went on to become a U.S. Attorney.

Well, then he sounds like the perfect individual to pursue the RICO
criminal case.  Knock yourself out.

IMHO, this discussion is essentially a troll.  I will no longer feed the
troll here.  I respectfully suggest that if you are serious about
removing a duly elected ARIN board member that you follow the procedure
outlined in the bylaws, Article VI Section 10, and take it off-list.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net