FW: Being blacklisted by Spews

ipadmin at eli.net ipadmin at eli.net
Wed Sep 4 19:01:27 EDT 2002

Jill- the method of dealing with it varies widely.

1. If IP's are getting
blacklisted because a customer of ours is spamming, then we work to stop
the customer from spamming.  However, if they dont stop spamming we then
disconnect that customer.  We then spend alot of time working with the
sites that have those IP's blacklisted to get them unlisted again since we
have disco'd that customer.

2.  If you have customers unappropriately blacklisted like spews.org does
ALOT...then you can either start to null route spews.org or find some
miracle that gets you contact info to spews.org and work with them to take
the incorrect IP's off the list.

ELI IP Analyst