consistancy

Mike Horwath drechsau at geeks.org
Sun Sep 17 11:43:17 EDT 2000

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 09:32:48AM -0600, Alec H. Peterson wrote:
> Every year that an entity gets address space from ARIN they pay ARIN
> an allocation fee.  That fee includes membership.  So if an entity
> does not get address space in a given year, then they are not
> (automatically) a member.  However they are free to pay the $500 per
> year fee to become a member.

So...that fee I pay every year for said address space does not keep me
a member during the 'year' I don't get more address space?

To quote:

	Membership with ARIN is open to any individual or entity and
	is offered regardless of whether the entity receives address
	space directly from ARIN. Subscription customers --
	i.e. Internet Service Providers (ISPs) that are allocated IP
	addresses from ARIN -- are extended membership at no
	additional cost to their subscription fee. Organizations that
	are not subscription customers are invited to join ARIN and
	are charged an annual membership fee of $500.

So, the statement that Mury may not be a member would be wrong :)

By default, any ISP with direct allocation from ARIN is a member
according to what I read above.

--
Mike Horwath           IRC: Drechsau         drechsau at Geeks.ORG
Home: 763-540-6815  1901 Sumter Ave N, Golden Valley, MN  55427