guideline for name-based web hosting justification

Charles Winter cwinter at communicationnation.com
Tue Sep 12 16:09:51 EDT 2000

Mury,

We started running HTTP1.1 web servers about 2 and a half years ago, using
the IBM "Go Webserver" - now under the Lotus name .... as it was one of the
only servers supporting the HTTP1.1 protocol at that time. The server also
has very nice logging, in any case we saw alot of Netscape 2.0 generation
browser hits - all going through just fine. I don't think we ever got a
customer complaint about not being able to access a site.

Charles Winter
Communication Nation, Inc.