guideline for name-based web hosting justification

Randy Katz rkatz at virtualis.com
Mon Sep 11 21:38:43 EDT 2000

I am a major shareholder in a $7MM/year plus web hosting company, which I
consider small, every word Matt says makes 100% sense. It seems there is
this "wave" of biased opinions about web hosting stemming from the ISP vs.
web host days and easy and relatively low cost to entry for  the average
web hosting business, but this is simply not an intellectual approach
towards the problem and shows that while they might understand by now what
an ISP does and the importance of it they are openly taking jabs at web
hosting which show complete iqnorance in that area.

Please answer the points.

Thank you,
Randy Katz