route filtering policies (from "split b" thread)

Pete Bowden repete at cncx.com
Mon Jun 5 19:06:13 EDT 2000

Yes, but in your case you should be announcing your larger agregate...
so...  since your customer should still be reachable from you if the route
is filtered they will not see the more specific and will see the agregate
and route the block to you...  you in turn will hand it over to your customer.
No need for them to lie about anything....  you just need to make the case to
them that this is how it works for technical reasons beyond your ability to
control -- technical reasons being limiting bandwidth and other providers
not feeling like they should be compelled to provide free passage of other
peoples blocks.

--
Pete Bowden, Internet Network Engineer, Internet & Data Center Engineering
    rePete at concentric.com  rePete at cncx.com  pete at internex.net  NIC:PB8