Address block problem

Bruce Robertson bruce at greatbasin.net
Mon Jul 31 17:43:22 EDT 2000

> I mean, 7 times out of 10 there will be two routes for the given CIDR
> block...different prefix lengths for managing inbound traffic, multi-homed
> customers, etc. So number of routes isn't a large consideration, at least
> to me.

Hmmm, I must be one of the 3 out of 10... I would never use anything but
a single advertisement for the entire block.  All of my inbound traffic is
considered equivalent, and I force my multihomed customers to get their
own address space.

> Is it just an annoyance thing?

Mostly, yes.

--
Bruce Robertson, President/CEO				     +1-775-348-7299
Great Basin Internet Services, Inc.			fax: +1-775-348-9412
For PGP key: finger bruce at greatbasin.net