[ARIN-consult] Consultation on Expanding 2FA Options for ARIN Online

Glen A. Pearce arin-consult at ve4.ca
Wed Jan 25 07:14:25 EST 2023

On 24/01/2023 3:39 p.m., Chris Woodfield wrote:
> Would requiring TOTP/FIDO (and not allowing SMS) be more palatable if
> ARIN were able/willing to furnish yubikeys (or alternate
> authenticators) to users free of charge? I don’t know what these cost
> in bulk nowadays, but it’s probably right on the edge of reasonable
> for this use case.

When I recently bought a Yubikey the pricing per unit was the same
whether 1 was
purchased or 1000s.  There appears to be no "bulk" price.

Ultimately ARIN providing them would just eventually get reflected in
our fees so
as ARIN members we'd still end up paying for them anyway, no advantage
to even
doing a group purchase.

--
Glen A. Pearce
gap at ve4.ca
Network Manager, Webmaster, Bookkeeper, Fashion Model and Shipping Clerk.
Very Eager 4 Tees
http://www.ve4.ca
ARIN Handle VET-17