[ARIN-consult] Consultation on Requiring Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for ARIN Online Accounts

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Thu May 26 05:55:30 EDT 2022

Hi,

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 07:35:21PM -0400, Peter Beckman wrote:
>    In the 11 years I've used 1Password, I have always had access to my
>    authentication through multiple secure encrypted means. Even when I lose
>    my mobile phone or it is not nearby.

So, if 1Password becomes corrupted (due to supply chain attacks), and
you wake up one morning with the message "you can not trust this anymore,
because we know the source code was backdoored", what do you do then?

Your solution very much sounds like "I have this great tool which never
failed for me", but eventually, it will.  Then what?

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

SpaceNet AG                      Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard, Michael Emmer
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14        Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
D-80807 Muenchen                 HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444         USt-IdNr.: DE813185279