[ARIN-consult] Consultation on Increasing the Size of the ARIN Board of Trustees

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Mon Mar 14 13:31:13 EDT 2022

> On Mar 14, 2022, at 6:23 PM, Ron da Silva <ronald.v.dasilva at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now, combining those topics together.. perhaps would make some geographic mandate easier..  e.g. 3 US, 2 Canadian, 2 Caribbean and 1 at-large seat.. or similar distribution.  ??

I’ve got an old preso somewhere that I could dig up from back when I was on the board and trying to get the first Caribbean on…  3 US, 2 CA, 1 Caribbean substantially overrepresents both Canada and the Caribbean demographically, FWIW, so in _theory_ everybody should think that’s fair. In practice, the Canadian contingent has never wanted to be limited to two.  Which is also a reasonable argument.

                                -Bill