[ARIN-consult] ACSP Consultation 2022.2: Consultation on Elections and the Nomination Process

Rob Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Sat Feb 12 11:10:27 EST 2022

While there is an obvious conflict of interest in serving on the nomcom contemporaneous with being nominated for election or re-election, I didn't see anything to address that in either the consultation or the FAQ.  Am I overdue for an eye exam?

This problem didn't seem to exist in the past with the nomcom being selected ad-hoc for each election cycle, but the two year staggered terms creates an opportunity for difficulties.  Something as simple as "a submitted and acknowledged/confirmed nomination of a serving nomcom member for any position within the scope of the nomcom's search will constitute resignation from the nomcom" ought to suffice.

Thoughts?

-r