[ARIN-consult] Consultation on ARIN Fees

David Huberman daveid at panix.com
Thu Jul 22 07:06:49 EDT 2021

Hiya!

> On Jul 22, 2021, at 1:08 AM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>
> Of course, the justification of needs submitted by Micr0$0ft remains secret, so the community is left to imagine whether it passed the smell test or not (without seeing it, anything I can imagine does not pass the smell test despite your repeated assurances otherwise).

I arrived at Microsoft in May 2013 and found that they were at 97% utilization of their entire IPv4 holdings on my first day. They bought the Nortel space because they were out of the fairly small amount of space they had been assigned over the years directly, and they were rolling out the first phases of Azure, which both needed a lot more space than they had, and which quickly proved successful.

David