[ARIN-consult] Consultation Now Open on the Future of ARIN’s IRR

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sat Feb 13 08:19:44 EST 2021

On 12 Feb 2021, at 2:54 PM, Rob Seastrom <rs at seastrom.com<mailto:rs at seastrom.com>> wrote:
I think ARIN set a reasonable standard for community outreach with the "get out the vote" efforts some years back.  A two pronged approach of email to contacts and certified mail to billing and administrative contacts is good notification.  If we do that and then wait a full year to pull the plug...  then part  of my objection goes away.

RS -

Picking up on one point point regarding notification -  that’s a most excellent idea, as the records have notification email addresses so these should definitely be provided notice.

I’m not certain how many real-world addresses (e.g. postal) we have that are actually functional – that’s endemic of the problem with this sort of data, but we can explore that as well.

Very helpful - Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO