[ARIN-consult] Consultation on ARIN Fees

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Apr 23 12:34:34 EDT 2021

On 23 Apr 2021, at 10:39 AM, David Farmer <farmer at umn.edu> wrote:

> Comments inline.
>
> I just looked at the invoices for our Legacy Org ID and for 2021, 2020, and 2019 we were invoiced $125. In 2018, 2017, and 2015 we were invoiced $150, and $175 in 2016. I point this out because it doesn't quite match what you have been saying, especially for 2020 and 2021 prior to this change being implemented.

Yes, I’m apparently out of sync…  As it turns out, the 2018 fee consultation had some ambiguity as to whether this limit was being raised in 2019 to $150, and so we did not change it at that time.

I routinely think back to what was planned rather than implemented, and indeed I stand corrected - our legacy fee cap is presently $125 per year, going to $150 for 2022, and increasing $25 per year each succeeding year.   Thanks for catching that!

> John, I understand the reasoning for the Legacy Org separation, however, explaining this to financial people and executives unfamiliar with ARIN and its history can be difficult sometimes. It would be really helpful if we could receive one unified invoice for the two related but separate Org identifiers, instead of two separate invoices at completely separate times of the year. Or, at least can we get both invoices at the same time, if they need to remain separate invoices. I invariably, get the question "didn't we pay this already this year" every time the invoice comes for the second of the two related but separate Org IDs.

Acknowledged - we’ll look into options for better presentation.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO