[ARIN-consult] [arin-announce] Consultation on ARIN Fees

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Apr 12 23:10:17 EDT 2021

On 12 Apr 2021, at 10:29 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com<mailto:owen at delong.com>> wrote:
On Apr 12, 2021, at 14:54 , John Curran <jcurran at arin.net<mailto:jcurran at arin.net>> wrote:
On 12 Apr 2021, at 4:09 PM, David Farmer <farmer at umn.edu<mailto:farmer at umn.edu>> wrote:
I would like to suggest you consider a plan for notification, especially for end-users with the largest increases. Maybe something like the following;

1. A note with everyone's 2021 Invoice calling attention to how the 2022 fee scheduled changes will impact them.
2. A registered letter to any Organization with an increase above a certain threshold, maybe $2,000.
3. Further, direct staff contact with any Organization with an increase above an even larger threshold, maybe $10,000.

We had planned several of these once the fee change is official, but that cannot occur until we are both post-consultation and Board consideration.

I disagree… I think it is worth making sure they are aware in time to comment for the board’s consideration.

Owen -

ARIN frequently engages in community consultation before making significant changes to fees or services – such consultations are announced on the arin-announce mailing list and conducted on this list (arin-consult).  These consultations are open to anyone in the community that wish to participate, but it does require organizations that wish to be part make a modicum of effort to read the ARIN announcements of consultations and participate in those consultations that are of interest to them.

Best wishes,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO