[ARIN-consult] Consultation on ARIN Fees

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Fri Apr 9 19:47:43 EDT 2021

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 3:38 PM ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:

>     * Transitioning Legacy resource holders from annual per-resource
> maintenance fees to the RSP Fee Schedule while maintaining the annual cap
> of total maintenance fees (which will increase $25 per year)

As an example, to clarify the intent here, let's say a Legacy resource
holder's total IPv4 holdings place it in the Large Catagory, which is
Larger than /16, up to and including /14 of IPv4. In this example, the
Legacy resource holder's 2021 fees are $150, 2022 fees will be $175, 2023
fees will be $200, etc... Basically, increasing by $25 each year for
theoretically the next three (3) centuries and change, at which point the
annual fee will eventually reach $8,000.

Do I understand the intent correctly? Did I get the math correct?

Nevertheless, I'm quite sure the fee structure will change many, many times
between now and when the Legacy resource holder in the example above
actually reaches the full Large Catagory annual fee of $8,000.

Thank you.

David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE        Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952