[ARIN-consult] ACSP Consultation: Advanced Security Features for ARIN Online

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Thu Apr 16 18:47:18 EDT 2020

William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
    >> * Utilizing a personal passcode and/or SMS push codes to a mobile
    >> device for password resets and other account actions

    > Do folks need to urgently reset their password? Fedex has an
    > interesting process where they send you a code via postal mail. It
    > takes a couple days but it's not so readily  exploitable as email/sms.

I think that this is something that should be investigated.
I have github and google backup codes printed and in a paper file.

I have no such thing for ARIN, and last time my phone bought it,
I discovered I had to password reset.    I now have realized that
I can *print* the QR code used to initialize the phone app and
keep that too.