[ARIN-consult] ACSP Consultation: Advanced Security Features for ARIN Online

Richard Jimmerson richardj at arin.net
Thu Apr 16 13:45:42 EDT 2020

Hello John and ARIN Consult —

Thank you for participating in this security consultation.

Implementation of 2FA/MFA should fully support multiple authenticator manufacturers (Google, MS, RSA, DUO, etc.).

I am posting here to note ARIN’s current 2FA implementation to aid in the discussion. We currently support third-party mobile authenticators that meet the requirements of RFC 6238. More details about our current implementation are available here:

https://www.arin.net/reference/materials/security/twofactor/

We are open to feedback on this topic, in addition to the other security feature considerations as part of this consultation.

Best regards,

Richard Jimmerson
COO at ARIN