[ARIN-consult] Consultation on ARIN IRR Roadmap

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Feb 23 13:07:20 EST 2018

On 23 Feb 2018, at 11:18 AM, Job Snijders <job at ntt.net<mailto:job at ntt.net>> wrote:

I'd avoid the term "LEGACY" as that may confuse some because we also
have the concept of "Legacy IP space".

Indeed.

Perhaps "ARIN-NONAUTH" to align somewhat with the work being done in
RIPE?

I believe that’s being used with slightly different semantics, but it is certainly a possible tag.

If a subset of the data in ARIN's IRR can be validated, and the set of
objects that are not validated are tagged with "ARIN-NONAUTH" (since
those objects are not authoritative due to lack of validation) - we'll
be in much better shape.

I maintain that no new "ARIN-NONAUTH" objects should be allowed to come
into existence.

Perhaps all prior data should be left "as-is" for period of a year once ARIN’s new IRR is in place,
and be tagged as “source: ARIN-FROZEN” ?

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN